Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Great-Grandmothers Hands




Amanda has a special relationship with Great-Grandmother Fern. I suppose it's because she is her only one still living. She calls her the grandma with the wrinkly hands. She enjoys writing her letters and when grandma writes back, she often tapes some money coins to her letter. Amanda has just figured out that she can buy "stuff" with money ( I suppose it time for an allowance).



Amanda is my girl with all the questions. During our Utah trip this year, she was questioning how Grandpa Gardner fit in her tiny tummy. Grandma Fern is a tiny framed lady who is always polished and fully of stories. She has a soft spoken voice that is full of love. I love to see how Amanda and Fern interact together. Amanda is forced to focus on the words and really listen. She also must speak loud and clear for her to hear. They truly have a special relationship. I wish we lived closer to spend more time with her.



Amanda enjoyed counting to 90 (Fern's age) with her great-grandmother. Fern has a picture of herself at the age of four (Amanda's age). She enjoyed seeing what she looked like at her age.


Below is a picture of Amanda's and Great-Grandma's hands. I couldn't resist!


1 comment:

Georgia said...

I love this post! Do it again!