Monday, March 30, 2009

Let there be snow...

Okay, I haven't written for a while and thought I should "catch up" on some happenings in my life. Now when I say "catch up" I say it very generally. Kudos to all those that find the time to blog daily. All I can say is, "It's not my season to daily blog".


This past winter we had so much snow. More than we EVER would have imagined. Living in Washington, we have pretty mild weather all year long. It's always fun to see the snow because one knows that it will melt by the afternoon or tomorrow at the latest. It was crazy to see all the snow we got this year. I will post a few pictures to enjoy.








I have to chuckle because last year after the winter season I was at Target and they had quite a sale of snow items on clearance. Like my husband says, "my favorite phrase is 75% off the already reduced price". We had a little snow shovel at home but Target had these great big nice heavy duty shovels for something like $6.24. I purchased one along with some de-icer and salt for the walkways. Ben just rolled his eyes and commented on how we would not need them. We never get enough snow to warrant this purchase. He even suggested that I return them.
Well, this year they ALL came in handy, especially the heavy duty snow shovel. I think I have great foresight and my "deals" should not be criticized in the future. :-)

No comments: