Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Craft


Well, I must admit there is nothing better than a Sunday at home in my pj's while listening to conference on television. It is especially nice with a toddler. Church has been VERY difficult the past few months. However, this conference marks change. You may ask, "How?". Next Sunday will be one filled with NURSERY! Technically, a day before Calvin is 18 months old but, we will be gracing the nursery. It will be a great for Calvin and a nice Easter gift for me too!

I like to have some project to do while listening to messages of conference. It's not like I don't have several unfinished projects to work on but I needed something new! This year it was a dress for Amanda. I fell in love with a Sandi Henderson pattern and it drove me into my "craft zone". Ok, with lots of help from my ever talented mother too. If I could just have the confidence in sewing like she does. Amanda wanted to help too. I think she just may have a knack for sewing (maybe it skipped one generation).
The dress is "claire" style. You can check out Sandi's other patterns and design inspiration on her website: http://www.sandihendersondesign.com/. I believe we have LOTS in common and we have never met (I love blogs!). She enjoys thrifting, has great design taste and I believe she may be LDS too. She designs wonderful fabrics but I could not get any at my local fabric store so I picked a tropical print called Nouveau by Sentimental Studios for Moda. I suppose with our late spring, I am already for summer.





















3 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

What a beauty she is. I love the dress and the fabric is very yummy. You have so much talent!

Emily K. said...

What a beautiful dress!!! When we were little, my mom would make me, and my 3 sister's Easter dresses. She would work long into the night the day before Easter, and we would wake up to a surprise dress. I always wanted to do that for Tay too, but I lack the talent. You did a great job, and it fits Amanda's personality so well. Good job!!

Monique said...

What a cute dress! I love that style and the fabric. I wish I could sew that well. Great work! Amanda looks adorable in it!